Thursday, February 28, 2013

Juice cleanse: Day 2

Day 2... this is stupid. So glad I didn't designate a certain amount of time otherwise, I'd feel like a failure. But because I said no set amount of time, I feel accomplished. If I can do at least one more day, I've accomplished a 3 day cleanse. Pat on the back for this no self-control girl. I may keep going but do juices throughout the day (2 meals a day), mixed with whole fruits, and protein and veggies for dinner. That sounds like the smarter path to me.


Day 2

     Breakfast
(same as yesterday's dinner)

Lunch



3 green apples
3 stalks of celery
2 medium carrots
1/4 of a pineapple
1/2 lemon
2 inch nub of ginger (peeled)
BIG handful of spinach
Dinner

Dinner...ah dinner...Alright, I totally caved and cheated and ate an actual dinner tonight. I had protein and veggies, and it was delicious, and I'm not even a little bit mad about it. As I mentioned before, I think I'm going to juice for 2 meals, eat a lean, clean, dinner. I'm totally satisfied with that. I mean c'mon, who in their right mind skips every meal and replaces it with juice? Lez-be honest, that's just stupid. I'm not going to sugar coat a cleanse like this. It sucks. I find it extremely difficult. I'm not some super human who can ignore cravings and hunger pangs...or is it pains? Either way, they over power me. Maybe some of you have more self control, but heck, I do not. So here's to juicing at least twice a day :)

No comments: