Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happy "fatty"tines day

Valentine's Day is officially known as Fatty Fatty Fattytine's Day to me. I'm not a huge fan of this day but I do love and will accept any excuse to go out to dinner. We celebrated early Friday evening by going to my favorite restaurant ever...Cheesecake Factory! I got the spicy cashew chicken and a strawberry lemonade to drink. It was to die for! But as usual, I was too full for cheesecake by the end of our meal. After dinner we headed back home and just relaxed. Then Saturday, we ended up "splurging" on our favorite treats which would include, Diet Coke, Dr. Pepper, salt and vinegar chips and mini cadbury eggs. We then proceeded to watch a lame ninja movie and a surprising even lamer New Moon. I have come to the conclusion that the Twilight series is completely over rated and Vampire Diaries dominates. I have an obsession with this show. It's actually kind of sad. I feel like I'm back in high school by watching it, but I don't even care. I LOVE it! But anyways, that was pretty much the highlights of our day. And then Sunday morning we woke up and the Hubby surprised me with this super cute box of chocolates. We told each other we weren't going to get each other ANYTHING so I kind of felt bad that I really didn't get him anything. Whoops! But he was so cute. He picked out this specific box of chocolates because its wrapping paper had the same colors as our wedding. SO presh. But I guess I made it up to him by making his favorite breakfast meal, biscuits and gravy...and all from scratch :) It was a good, hearty, FATTY meal. SO I guess all in all, it was a good weekend but I now need to step onto that elliptical and start working it all off.
Here are my cute heart shaped biscuites...



And my first attempt at making fortune cookies...

And some heart shaped sugar cookies...

And by the way, I have the BEST sugar cookie recipe if any of you are interested. It calls for a small amount of ingredients and requires no "chilling" time.
And lastly, here is Dezzi passed out on the hubby's face. So adorable.

5 comments:

Chelsea and Ben said...

Why do husbands always do that? or why do us wives listen? Whenever Ben tells me not to get him anything I've listened and then I always feel bad afterward thinking I should've gotten something! You are quite the domestic housewife, I need your recipes! Those biscuits look delicious!

Bree said...

I am not leaving a comment because I was reading this while talking to you on the phone and you heard all of them.

Your Welcome.

Juanique said...

Haha! you fatty fattys! JK. Aly, u have the metabolism of a leopard!!!

I love the name/intro to this post! Your blog always makes my mouth water. I'm SO GLAD I wasn't at the house last weekend or else I would have stalked all of your guy's goodies and eaten them.

meg said...

Aw, what a SWEET Valentine's Day! And GIRL! The Cheesecake Factory's spicy cashew chicken has been my favorite dish there for like, 15 years! Seriously! Wow, that just made me feel really old :/

I loved seeing more of the COOL food you made Aly! And the pic of Conryd and Dezzi is just TOO CUTE :)

Anonymous said...

You are so creative. I love that side of you. Love to see what you will come up with next. I think you have a birthday coming up..... hum..... I know something you dont know.