Sunday, February 7, 2010

Crafty nights

Last night I was "inspired" to learn how to make those cute fabric rosettes. I've been wanting to figure it out for awhile now but I have been too lazy to actually do it. So I spent a lot of last night, through trial and error, figuring out the cutest way to make these roses. And I did it! I was so proud of myself. I hand stitched them and everything! And okay, so this may be ghetto, but because I decided to do this at like 10:30 pm I didn't have time to get fabric so I ended up just cutting some old shirts that I never wore. And 2 hours later I had a "new" cardigan and new headband :) And I've always wanted to make my own headbands and sell them but never had the guts to do it.So I'm hoping now that I'll actually be able to do it and be successful at it. But anyways, I thought I'd post my pictures of creations. Sorry about the quality of the pic. My Iphone camera isn't the best quality but it gets the job done. And I'd like to get your opinions if making/selling headbands would even be worth it or if they're even cute enough to sell. I'd like to hear what you have to say. Thanks!

6 comments:

Carly said...

Aly! I'm so impressed with your talent! You are going to be the next Martha Stewart...no doubt about it! I think if you want to try and sell some then go for it!

Kelli said...

Those are cute!! I've wanted to learn how to do it too - but same thing, I'm too lazy/busy to sit down and figure it out. But you look like you've got it down, you should show me.

They're super cute, you could sell them on etsy or something. I mean, I would buy them if I had cash money.

Chelsea and Ben said...

You are so talented, I haven't been able to find any I love but that sweater is adorable! I say go for it, I will be one of your first customers!

Bree said...

Very cute!!! I love them! Ya know my birthday is coming up. Just a thought.

Aly said...

Thanks guys! Your input means a lot to me! When I become HUGE I'll make sure to give you guys my family/friend discount :)

Bree, I will keep that in mind. Only 3 months away...

meg said...

Aly you did an awesome job - those fabric roses are ADORABLE! I love where you placed them on the cardigan and I think the headband you made is fabulous! You could probably find some great tutorials online if you want to learn more too. Craft blogs, etc. You do a really good job with this kind of thing! :)

Go to www.etsy.com and do a search for that type of thing (start w/ "fabric headband" or "fabric roses" and just go from there) to see what comes up, how much people are charging, etc. That will give you some good info.