Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election venting Part 1

I'm hoping there will be no need for a part 2 but I have been storing up waaaaay too much anger these past couple of weeks to keep it in any longer.
I am just in SHOCK at how many of my friends have no sense of moral values whatsoever. It's actually rather disappointing and frustrating. Leave it to facebook to inform me on everything, but i was reading all of my friends status updates and i would say about 90% of them are Pro Obama, NO on Prop. 4 and NO on Prop. 8. I can actually say that I am DISGUSTED with everyone that feels that way. Maybe digusted is a strong word but I am so angry right now that that word just suits the way i feel best. I can't believe how ridiculous some people are and how blinded they are. I just really hope in these next couple of hours that some of them can really see what and who they are voting for. If that candidate has strong moral values and can lead this country in the right direction. I can probably garuntee that we won't be moving back to CA ever if Prop 8 does not pass. Now most of you probably don't even care about my venting session right now, and i'm hoping that writing this out will calm me down and then i'll be able to delete this, but come on people. Honestly, where is your dignity? Your morals? Your head?! Ah Obama and everything he stands for just inflicts so much anger in me. Okay i think i'm done venting. Thanks for listening...or reading. Good day and Happy Voting.

4 comments:

Chelsea and Ben said...

Go Aly! I agree with you, these issues are out of control and Obama is way too liberal. I don't trust him for a second! Nor do I agree with any of his policies, health care plan, or opinions. By the way I lost my phone last week but I was thinking it'd be fun if me, you, and Kell went out to dinner tomorrow night? Call Kelli and have her call Ben! See you soon!
Chels

Bree said...

Amen. Obama's affiliations are too shady for my taste. The fact that terrorist groups all around the world are hoping he will win and are planning huge celebrations if he does win scares me. I completely disagree with policies on welfare, healthcare, national defense and every other socialist idea he has. I'm even going to go a step further and say that I'm sick of people calling him black....he's half black. Meaning he is half white too. He is just as white as he is black. Not that I love McCain, but I think he at least likes America. Okay, I'm done too. You've got me all riled.

And those who vote no on Prop 8 are misinformed as well. It's not about taking away rights, it's about not adding rights to people who already enjoy the same rights as married people in California. The only people who stand to "lose" rights are those who will lose the right to have their 5 year olds not taught what a transgender or a homosexual are in school. Where is my right as a parent to protect my child from these crazy things until they are a bit older than five? What about the rights of the children who would've been adopted by church family services that will likely close if prop 8 doesn't pass. I could go on and on and on, but I need to stop. Maybe I should blog too! Okay now I'm really done!

Erickson Fam said...

Hey, I'm Barbie - Bree's sis in law here in Dallas. I hope you don't mind me throwing my 2 cents in.
I too am disgusted with people! I hate the thought of my child being taught about same sex relationships at school.. it makes me sick! When I decide to talk about it, I will. But I'm the parent and it should be my choice.
And Obama scares the CRAP out of me. I don't understand how people agree with him when it seems so easy for me to see right through him.
I'm w/ Bree, I could go on and on too. Good post Aly

Aly said...

Thanks for the comments. Glad to see I'm not the only crazy angry person out there. I was hoping not to offend anyone, but pretty much all 6 of my "blogging" friends have the same views, standards, and values as I do. I hope I was able to help you guys vent out a bit too, ha it's nice to get some of that stuff off your chest. Even though elections are now over. But if you still feel the need to vent about anything, i'm always open to hearing that kind of stuff.