This post comes a few days late, but in case you haven't noticed, I'm super lazy when it comes to updating. And to be honest, the thing that pushed me to write this was seeing my sisters blog updated almost every week and she has 2 very active kids under the age of 4. So surely I could handle one update a month with just one one year old right?
I guess I should also mention that earlier this month (the 12th), the hubby and I hit our 4 year mark of being married. That's like repeating high school again? 4 years? Man, time is flying by! Next thing I know we'll be celebrating 10,20,30,40,50 maybe even 60 years? Holy crap. At least I get to spend it with a great guy :)
Now back to me getting old. The day started off with me waking myself up at 7:45 and it was awesome. The hubby then took me and Mr.E to get crepes at this cute little crepe restaurant called The Roll Up. And it was so yummy! We'll definitely be going there again...real soon...like maybe right now :) The rest of the day was mellow, I had a friends baby shower to go to and then we went to another fantastic restaurant for dinner, La Jolla Groves. And again, it was super yummy. I gained 2lbs over the weekend so I guess you can look at that as a success or a downfall. Either way, it was great. Great family, great food, great entertainment. Couldn't have asked for a better day.
The Roll Up
Mr.E loves sticking straws in his mouth, and I think it's hilarious. He even got his dad to follow along
And he's learning how to get his groove on. He's quite the head banger
And for dinner...
Mr. E loooooves his food
And for dessert I made this delicious cake, just left off the coconut this time to make it vanilla.
My sweet dad also sent me flowers. He's the greatest!
And a few "non birthday" events, a day at the park with this cute guy
And he's got this new way of walking that is too funny. We call it his zombie walk. He usually walks with his arms straight above his head, but now he'll do that and then flick them in front of him and throw his back (looking like a zombie)
Anyways, getting old is scary, but if I get to celebrate all my years with my great family, I guess it can't be too bad.
2 comments:
The zombie walk is hilarious! He is the cutest. I'm glad you had such a great birthday! I need to try this crepe place asap. Girls night/afternoon?
What a yummy birthday! I'm jealous you have a crepe place by you. We got nothing crepe over here. I'm sorry I "guilted" you into blogging....actually no I'm not. I loved this one! That zombie walk is too cute.
Post a Comment