
The hubby works long, hot days, 6 days a week. So when he gets home from work the one thing he craves is something cold to drink. Ice water started to get boring so I decided I should make some sort of flavored iced drink. So I went to the freezer and saw a bag of frozen strawberries and some ice. I threw it in a blender with some sugar and added some sparkling water to it, and what happened next was magical...it was like an explosion of deliciousness. And it was super easy to make and literally took no more than 5 minutes to make. So I thought I'd share this wonderful summer drink with all of my many many readers :)
Sparkling Strawberry Slushie
Serves 4
3/4 cup raw brown sugar (or white, whichever you have on hand)
1 1/2 cup water
Half a bottle of sparkling water
10-15 frozen straweberries
A few handfuls of ice
Throw all ingredients in a blender and blend it up. Pour into 4 glasses and drink up. Pretty easy right?
As for our weekend, our 4th of July was pretty uneventful. I spent 10 hours at the Freedom Festival for school doing up-dos on gross, dirty hair. I learned that apparently personal hygiene isn't practiced very often in other households. Every head of hair that I touched was either un-brushed and extremely knotted or greasy and smelt of who knows what. So please, if you ever go to get your hair done, whether it's for free or going to the salon, make sure it's somewhat clean.
Then on Sunday we had a nice brunch that consisted of hummus and rice crackers, scrambled eggs, some kind of chickpea salad, and this South African sausage that I can't spell or say.
And for dinner I made homemade chicken tacos with fresh pico de gallo, cheese, lettuce and black bean salsa.
.jpg)
Hope you all had a great 4th!
5 comments:
boerewors?
Aly you are just the cutest! I hope you had a good 4th of July! I miss you so much! We need to get together soon!!! <3
P.s. We've started watching Glee and we love it! :) I knew you would be proud to hear that!
YUM!!! Ok so you are in charge of meals the next time I see you! Glad you had a good 4th of July!!
Okay, every time I get on my blog I see this picture and I want that slushie. Like now. Can you come here and make it for me? Thank you.
Post a Comment