Thursday, April 15, 2010

2 years of marriage...what?!


Can you believe that we've been married for 2 years?! It's crazy to think that it's already been that long. It feels like I just got married yesterday. So to celebrate our 2 year anniversary we spent the day at Gardner Village in West Jordan. It was the cutest little place I've ever been to. It had all of these old shops and restaurants, which we ate at and it was AMAZING! If you are ever in the area I suggest you stop there, you won't be mad, I promise. We also stopped at our other favorite little shop in Sandy called PirateO's. They import foods from all over the world and sell them here and I think I could honestly spend all over our money there and not even be mad about it.. We stock up on all of our favorite "English/South African" goodies. But they don't last very long in our house... Other than our splurging on food, the rest of our celebrations were pretty low key. We just saw a movie and hung out. And those are definitely my favorite kinds of nights. Here are a few pictures of our day together

Here is us infront of the Protea Shop

And here is the hubby with his super long hair at Archibald's (the yummy restaurant at Gardner Village)

So that basically sums up our 2 year anniversary. Lots of food and lots of time together, wouldn't have it any other way :)
Now, do you notice how long the hubby's hair is? Well all of that came off today! He finally let me cut it off. He's been growing it out since Thanksgiving and it's been driving nuts ever since! He came into my school today and we played...mwahahaha.


And now it's short and beautiful! Pictures to come at another time.
And one last thing, for Easter this year hubby and I decided to make homemade ribs. We both have never cooked ribs before so it took some planning to get the job done. After 4 hours of cooking they were finally ready to serve. Here is the final product...

We had 3 HUGE racks that we spiced, cooked, and basted...all from scratch! We made a homemade rub and homemade bbq sauce. And they were delicious! Best ribs I've ever had, and not just because we made them, but because they were just that good :)
Anyways, that's it for our update.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Wooo hooo 2 years! It seems like it has gone by so fast! Seriously that is weird. Congratulations, love you guys! Wish you were coming to California with us!

Bree said...

Happy Anniversary!!! It went by super fast. The weirdest part is that I didn't have any kids when you were married and now I have two. what the? It looks like you guys had a fun day and I'm glad Conryd finally let you cut his hair!

p.s. when are you making me dinner?
p.s.s. is that the sweater you were telling me about? cute!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the after cut glamour shots !!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversay and tomorrow is your birthday. Yikes, this is a great month for you. Cant wait to see you next week and hey, still waiting to see Conryd pics and the pics of the girls updos you did for prom. XOXOXOX