Sunday, May 2, 2010

The big 2-2!

It's official, I'm over the hill. I turned 22 at the end of April and I can already feel the aches and pains :) So for the big day we decided to do 2 things, first thing was, talk to a jeweler about getting a scissor charm necklace made and the second thing was go out to dinner at a new restaurant. We went to a little Italian restaurant called Gloria's Little Italy. And oh my gosh! It was soooo good. All the food was made from scratch, fresh, everyday. If you're given the chance to go there, do it! It's one of our new favorite restaurants for sure. And to top the night off, I made a fruit pizza for dessert. All in all, it was a gooooooood birthday! I only have a few pictures but hopefully they will suffice.
In front of Gloria's

The in-laws and us at dinner

And for dessert, fruit pizza!

I also got into another one of my "Martha Stewart" moods and decided to embrace my inner fabric florist.

This is a belt that I made and I can't wait to actually wear it! I also made some super cute necklaces. I sent these ones to my sister for her birthday and I'm in the process of making myself a powder blue one. If you guys are interested in one let me know, I'll give yah a really good deal :)



In other news, not much else is going in our lives. Except for the hubby finished school about 2 weeks ago and is now starting back at his dusty, yucky job next week. And I just hit 1,650/2000 hours last week. I only have 350 left to go! Ah! I'm kind of freaking out. But so excited to be done. Sometimes it angers me though, because if were to be living in CA I would have been done with school 150 hours ago. Ugh, Stupid state that I live in. Oh well, I don't know if I'd feel quite ready if I were to have finished a month and a half ago. Anyways, that's about it for now. Peace, love and happiness!

5 comments:

Bree said...

Ok so now I am totally craving Italian for dinner. That looks SO good. And I love how crafty you are. So talented! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the neclaces you made me. We are going out to eat tonight to celebrate Lance passing the bar and I can't wait to wear your neclace!! Happy Birthday. Love you!

Ben and Chels said...

Happy Belated Birthday Al!!! You are so crafty I love the necklaces!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Aly!

Anonymous said...

Martha.. I mean Aly. You amaze me with your creativeness. I can't wait to taste your ribs. Maybe tomorrow at Grandma's.

meg said...

Happy belated b-day sweetie :) But sheesh - if you're over the hill at 22 I'm seriously wondering what *I* am..... near death's door??? hehe :) Sounds like you had an awesome b-day though - YAY! And I still remember you as an infant....... it's been a joy to watch you become over the hill, hehe :)

xoxoxo