Thursday, January 28, 2010

Rolo Cookies...So yum!


A few of you have been asking for my rolo cookie recipe, so I've decided to FINALLY post it and share it with the world :). You must be warned though...these are HIGHLY addicting! So here goes.
Rolo Cookies
2 1/2 C flour
3/4 C unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar, firmly packed
1 C butter
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
48 Rolo candies

Extra: 1/4 cup sugar for rolling
Non-stick cooking spray

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Combine flour, cocoa & baking soda. Blend well.
In a large bowl beat 1 C sugar, brown sugar & butter until light & fluffy. Add vanilla & eggs. Beat well. Add Flour mixture. Blend well.
Roll 1 tablespoon cookie dough into a ball; flatten with the palm of your hand. (it's a very sticky dough, so it helps if you spray some non-stick spray on your hands/fingers while working with it) Then place 1 Rolo in the center of dough; bring sides together and roll into ball. Roll ball in the remaining ¼ cup white sugar. Bake on parchment lined, or sil pat, baking sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes. Cool on tray for about 5 minutes to let the ooey, gooey caramel inside to set and then move to a cooling rack.

*1 tablespoon batter may not seem like a lot, but trust me, you don't want a lot of excess dough. You want just the right amount of cookie for the caramely goodness to fill the inside. Does that make any sense?? I hope so*

Hope you guys enjoy making/eating these! They are delicious. And if you don't agree with me, then you're crazy and we can no longer be friends :)

5 comments:

Carly said...

*drool*

Bree said...

ahhh man. I've been doing so good about not eating sugar too. I guess that ends tonight. =)

Bree said...

Ok, so Lance and I made these and they are amazing!! I had to give a bunch of them away to different people so I wouldn't eat the whole batch. Those are dangerous to have lying around the house.

p.s. I love your new blog header and background. I'll get around to putting one on mine one of these years.

Anonymous said...

I KNOW WHAT I AM GETTING YOU FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY........YOU ARE TURNING INTO A MARTHA STERWART EVERYDAY. I LOVE IT.... SOMEONE IN THE FAMILY IS A BETTER COOK THAN ME.

Aly said...

Bree, I know so DANGEROUS to have in the house! But so good. I'm glad you made them and enjoyed them. Was the recipe easy enough to follow?

Mom, what are you getting me :) I'd like to know now seeing as how my birthday isn't for another 3 months. I wouldn't say I'm a better cook, just a pretty good cook ha. I miss you mom! Love you tons!