Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My "Martha Stewart" day...

This past weekend was our 6 month anniversary. I can't believe we've already been married half a year. Time just flies by. We're pretty much an old married couple now :) It was a great weekend. Well sort of, minus the fact that it was freezing...no literally freezing, it was a great weekend. We just stayed inside and ate pumpkin chocolate chip bread from Great Harvest, mmm my favorite!
I decided that this weekend was going to be my "arts and crafts" day. So I guess I have now officially fallen under the "mormon, married wife, that does arts and crafts and lives in utah." Ah, it's started. Now that it's beginning to get cold, too cold actually, I've decided that I wanted to make our apartment feel more Autumn like. So I was browsing around Martha Stewart's web page and found the perfect craft! It was simple, cute and SPARKLY! It was the perfect craft for me.




It might be kind of hard to see, but they are awesome okay :)
In other news, it was Elle's baby blessing this past sunday. I was kind of bummed that I couldn't make it out, but those gosh darn plane tickets are so flippin expensive. Sorry Bree, I really wish I could have been there :( Only 2 more months til Christmas...I can't believe Elle will be 5 months old when i see her! I am so excited for Christmas to come. It'll be so much fun to be family and be away from the snow! In case all of you super cool people that still live AWAY from Utah, it snowed here last Sunday. And it has been freezing ever since. It was kind of ridic (yes i said ridic, short for ridiculous) that it went from extreme heat to extreme cold. What the heck? What happened to my fall season? Sad day... well that's really all I have to update about. Love you guys

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

those pumpkins are so preeetty!! oooh sparkly... I think I'm going to have to make those, Al. You've inspired me. And better yet, I'm going to make Kirk make them with me. He will be so stoked.

And amen. I very strongly dislike Utah weather.

Aly said...

Well kell, I am glad I have inspired you. They were really fun to make, but it makes a huge glittery mess! Which I personally think is awesome...but Conryd, not so much. Conryd actually kind of helped me with my project. He helped poor the glitter for like 5 minutes, and then quit because I think it was a little too girly for him. Ha, but yes! Make kirky boy do it with you! It's a precious bonding moment :)

Bree said...

Those are SO cute Aly. You are definitely more crafty than me! I think you should post some pics of your finished apartment because I haven't been able to see it yet! You have officially decorated way more than me for Halloween. I don't have one decoration up. Good work!