So this past week Conryd and I have been in Lake Powell. My sister-in-law and her husband invited us, along with their family, to stay with them on a house boat for week. It was AMAZING! Not only was it great to get away from work for week, I also got away from Provo...no offense to those of you who "like" provo. It was a really fun week, I will admit i was a bit nervous to go just because i had never done any type of boating activities since i was about 6, and that ended quickly because my brother and sister thought it would be "fun"to scare their little sister by telling her (me) that if you hit a warm spot in the lake it's a dead body and they pull you under and drown you..thanks a lot bree and casey. But now that i am much older, i've come to realize that that is not true! Luckily Tristin (My sister-in-laws hubby) and his family don' wakeboard, which i've heard is really hard and extremely painful if you fall, they wake surf which is really fun. I had never heard of that until this trip, and its awesome. I was able to get up within my first couple of tries. It was kind of difficult to understand what to do, but i think i sort of, kind of, got the hang of it. I was definitely no where near as close to being as good as Conryd and everyone else, but none the less, i still had a blast attempting. A couple days into the trip, Conryd was wake surfing and split his lip open. The board back fired at him and sliced his bottom lip open and his top teeth came down onto his bottom lip as well, splitting open the inside of his lip. Sadly, i have not been able to kiss him since :( sad i know. Well below are a couple of pictures and movie clips of our trip. Its been awhile since i've updated this thing. Enjoy! oh yeah and my wipe out looked a lot more worse in video than it actually was.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Our Lake Powell trip
So this past week Conryd and I have been in Lake Powell. My sister-in-law and her husband invited us, along with their family, to stay with them on a house boat for week. It was AMAZING! Not only was it great to get away from work for week, I also got away from Provo...no offense to those of you who "like" provo. It was a really fun week, I will admit i was a bit nervous to go just because i had never done any type of boating activities since i was about 6, and that ended quickly because my brother and sister thought it would be "fun"to scare their little sister by telling her (me) that if you hit a warm spot in the lake it's a dead body and they pull you under and drown you..thanks a lot bree and casey. But now that i am much older, i've come to realize that that is not true! Luckily Tristin (My sister-in-laws hubby) and his family don' wakeboard, which i've heard is really hard and extremely painful if you fall, they wake surf which is really fun. I had never heard of that until this trip, and its awesome. I was able to get up within my first couple of tries. It was kind of difficult to understand what to do, but i think i sort of, kind of, got the hang of it. I was definitely no where near as close to being as good as Conryd and everyone else, but none the less, i still had a blast attempting. A couple days into the trip, Conryd was wake surfing and split his lip open. The board back fired at him and sliced his bottom lip open and his top teeth came down onto his bottom lip as well, splitting open the inside of his lip. Sadly, i have not been able to kiss him since :( sad i know. Well below are a couple of pictures and movie clips of our trip. Its been awhile since i've updated this thing. Enjoy! oh yeah and my wipe out looked a lot more worse in video than it actually was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so jealous!!! IT looks like you guys had a great time. I guess that explains why your cell phone did crazy things every time I tried to call.
BTW- you were supposed to leave nice, funny memories of me on the blog, not mean ones punk! OUCH! Do you have any good memories of me???
Post a Comment