Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July weekend

So as you were all aware...or at least i hope you were aware ,that this past weekend was the 4th of July. This was my first 4th of July away from home and away from the parade :) it was awesome. Stadium of fire ( i had never heard of this before until this year) had Miley Cyrus and the Blue Man group performing, sadly we did not go see Miley (she is Conryd's idol...in a non pedifile way) not really though. So we ended up going to their family friends house to watch some fireworks and hear the distant singing of Hanna Montana.


To the left of me is our nephew and niece, Scott and Tayla. Crazy to think that I now have a nephew who is only 3 or 4 years younger than me! weird!

On Saturday we ended up hiking Mt. Timpanogas with Juanique and Tristin. It was a pretty quick hike but really steep. The caves were really interesting to walk through. I hate that when you get in there they tell you not to touch anything because it just made me want to touch everything! And I think I could honestly say that that was really my first hike ever! I can't say that i LOVED it but I don't think i hated it? I did hate it the next day though...ouch. here are a couple of pictures of this hike to prove that i actually did it :)



After the hike we headed back to Juan and Tristin's house to go swimming, eat some pizza, and watch Be Kind Rewind. It was a pretty full, tiring, fun, weekend.
Tomorrow Conryd and I leave for Valencia, and I know that I am way excited to be back in California and see my family. And it will also be nice to get away from work, even though my job is way relaxed and way awesome...working everyday is hard to get used to when before that you didnt have to work one day :) But I know Kristina will probably end up reading this so i will say this, I miss working so much! It's so much fun, I wish it would never end :) Anyways, so we're pretty much going to have a relaxed weekend back home, hopefully go to the beach once or twice, lay out by the pool, get some in n out and stone fire, and see my nieces! Oh and to Bree and Kelli, i will set up my voicemail whenever i feel like it okay! get off my back! kidding, i've tried setting it up and i just cant figure it out. And i'm too lazy to call to fix it. Well that is pretty much my week. Pretty exciting stuff i know! Oh and i know i said this sort of in my last post, but i cant believe Bree is going to have her baby THIS MONTH! crazy! so excited though!

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Don't feel like you need to prove to me you like work. I complain all the time about how I'm ready to quit, so don't censor yourself! Lol, have a good trip!