Sunday, November 4, 2012

So long October

Wow, is it seriously November? I cannot believe how fast this year has gone. It's crazy. I'm not complaining, but just in awe over it. October was a pretty fun month. We had way more activities going on than we normally do in like a years time. Mid month the hubby and his good friend ran a zombie 5k. They chose to be zombies and got to "chase" the humans for 3.1 miles. Everyone loved their make up and costumes. It was like they were famous zombies, getting stopped and people asking to take pictures of them. Proud wife right here :)
 Hubby's on the right, the zombie surgeon



Then came the adventure to the pumpkin patch. It was actually kind of disastrous. Mr. E wanted nothing to do with the pumpkins and EVERYTHING to do with the wagons. Maybe next year?








That next night, Riverwoods was having some Halloween market thingy. They had bounce houses, craft booths, a teeny tiny animal petting cage, and free pumpkin spice cupcakes. That was probably the best part of it all.






Next came Halloween. I wanted to do something cute as a family because I figured this year would maybe be my last year where I get a say/choose what I wanted Mr.E to be. I'm assuming next year he'll be old enough to maybe decided what he wants to be, and because he's a boy, it'll probably be lame and boy-ish :) We dressed up as the Mad Hatter, the White Rabbit and the Queen of Hearts. And let's just say, I'm crafted out...at least until a week or so before Thanksgiving, and then I'll have to kick it up a notch and get stuff done for Christmas, whoa, yes, I did in fact just mention Christmas. Anyways, back to Halloween. Mr. E was a champ trick-or-treat-er. He learned quickly to knock on the door, reach his cute little hand into the bowl of candy, grab a handful and put all of it back except for one piece and put in his jack-o-lantern. And then he'd run off to the next house and repeat. Too cute, but after about 45 minutes, we all had enough and called it quits.















The last event, that I guess technically counts as November because it just happened this Saturday, was another zombie 5k. I did this one, along with my sister-in-law and her husband, and her sister-in-law and her husband, and the same friend that did the first race with hubby earlier this month. And we were the ones being chased by zombies...down the canyon...at sun set. And the zombies were all BYU track team members. So yeah, they were fast. And we even had a 5 minute head start. Sadly, 4 of the 7 of us were "infected" while 3 lucky ones survived.


(missing 1 of the survivors)



Now I'm ready to get my turkey on and set up my Christmas tree. Peace out October, see you in 2013.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

haha I had no idea they do zombie 5k's. That's awesome! You are so cute Aly and I love your Halloween costumes! I cant believe Christmas is coming so soon either! So crazy. Love you!