Saturday, November 14, 2009

Pumpkin chocolate chip cake w/ cinnamon sugar, cream cheese frosting

Long title I know, but it had to sound interesting/appetizing in order to catch your attention. Now, For those of you who have been to P Town have probably heard of a little bakery place known as Kneaders. Well, they have the most AMAZING Pumpkin Spice cake there that is to die for. I tried it once and fell in love. And so after tasting this delicious slice of heaven, I decided that I needed to make this for myself at home. So I hoped onto Google and I searched around on a few different sites to find the perfect cake recipe. Well, that was a fail. I couldn't find just one recipe that sounded right, so I pulled one and then adjusted it to my liking. And I must say, I did a pretty good job. It may need a few tweaks, but hopefully within the next few tries I should have it down perfectly. I made a cream cheese frosting to go along with it, but it tasted a bit off, so I thought to myself..."What is this missing?!" And then it hit me. It needed cinnamon sugar! So a little, well a BIG, dash of C.S. and BAM! It was complete. And smart me, I didn't take a picture of it so I've stolen the artwork of somebody else...again.

Yum right?! If any of you are interested in making this for, oh say, your Thanksgiving dinner let me know and I'll hook you up with the recipe :)
And good news, I finally got an updated picture of the hubby and I. We went to the temple last week and I forced him to take a picture with me because I was so sad that I didn't get any of us over the summer.

6 comments:

QT Kiddo said...

Bammmm hahhaha :) too bad Im too lazy to bake.

You and Mr. Salveson are looking mighty fine. We should all def. hang out soon. It will make me and Craig do something other than go home and lay in bed like at 8 till a good 2 in the morning watching lameo tv.

Also hows hair school going? they actually letting you practice on real people yet!? Does your school do extentions? Im thinking about getting some. i missss long hair.

roxy

QT Kiddo said...

you know that little thing were you have to enter in a word verifcation to leave a comment.. you thought you know the word it just made me enter was "quirge" hahha sounds gross. This time its "boloquot" hahhahaha

thobeka said...

oh yum!!! that looks deadly good! please send me the recipe :)

Kristina said...

I want the recipe! It sounds divine!
You're such a domestic goddess. :D

Juanique said...

I HATE YOU GUYS!!!!!!! I haven't eaten since Monday and here you are making things so deliciously good that I want to cry at the mere sight of it!!! Well I hope you all get diabetes (plz email me the recipe. Thanx!) :P And just kidding about the hate thing...i really do love you guys...but hate the fact that you're eating delicous treats when I'm not.

Bree said...

How did I live in P town for, well way too long, and never eat at Kneaders. Wait a minute, why would I when Cafe Rio is down the street? That cake looks good and all, but I'm pretty sure you're going to have to bake it for me next week, so I can be sure. Cute skirt by the way!