Thursday, October 22, 2009

My first photo shoot.

Our school held another opportunity for us to do a photo shoot to help build our portfolio's. My friend Catelin and I decided to go in on it together to create a rad master piece. The theme for this photo shoot was "Horror-lesque." We played around with the ideas of "Modern" ballerina meets Coraline (It's a movie in case you didn't know). We did a modern twist to a basic bun and incorporated red thread throughout the hair. We paled out her face and "zombie-fied" her lips and Then the finishing touch to her face was big black buttons that we stuck over her eyes. We ended up using Catelin's younger sister as our model and she did an amazing job! She was blind throughout her whole photo shoot and took directions so well. I was really impressed with the photos. They looked amazing! And well, I don't have the professional proofs yet, but here's a few pictures that I took outside of our school after the photo shoot was over.






I'm excited to see how my future photo shoots turn out and then compare them to my first. It was so much fun doing this but really exhausting!
Speaking of exhausting...I think I'm going to head to bed early tonight. Hope you enjoyed looking at some of my art work :)
And I hope to blog about this next...

It's a creamy chicken, wild rice, veggie soup! I'm really excited to try to make this...well something similar at least. Good night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOW LONG DID IT TAKE? I MUST SAY VERY CREATIVE. I THINK THE HAIR DO IS AWESOME. IMAGINE THE DO WITH A STRAND OF RHINESTONES OR SMALL PEARLS. SEE, I SHOULD HAVE GONE TO HAIR SCHOOL.

Kendell Wrae Evans said...

woah! so creative. I love the hair especially! oh..and modelling blind..thats like some kind of AMericas Next Top Model Challenge type thing. Very impressed! :)

Bree said...

Yeah, she freaks me out a little bit but her hair is very cool! The pics are awesome too. I'm excited to see you at Thanksgiving so you can make that avocado corn salsa stuff. The baby is craving some so you have to make it. =)

Aly said...

Mom- It's not too late to go :) There's a woman at my school who goes there with her daughter. You should sign up!

Kendell - Thanks! It was a lot of fun to play around with different ideas. I never thought about it being like ANTM? Maybe they should hire me as a photography idea person.

Bree - Don't blame your cravings on the baby :) It's okay if you want it. I won't judge you. She kind of freaks me out too but I think it turned out really well.

Thanks for lovin all :)