2 cups unbleached flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2/3 cup warm water (I heat mine up in the microwave for about 30-35 seconds)
And that's all it takes. Now for making them.
Add flour, salt, and e.v.o.o. Mix until it makes little clumps (it makes a big difference if you have like a Kitchen Aid over a hand mixer). Slowly add warm water, and mix until dough forms. Break into 2 inch sized balls. Flatten and cook in a skillet on medium to high heat until golden brown. That's it! Super easy, and super quick! It should make about 12 tortillas, but they're pretty small. So if you'd like to make them bigger for burritos or something then just make your dough balls bigger..duh!
Yum!

Okay and now I'll share my blueberry smoothie recipe with you. Because I know you all care oh so much!
Ingredients:
1 banana
2 oranges
All natural vanilla yogurt
2 cups Milk
Raw honey
1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
6-8 frozen or fresh strawberries
First put in blender, banana, peeled oranges, about 2 big spoonfuls of yogurt, about 2 cups milk (add more if you would like to make it more liquid like) and 2 big spoonfuls of raw honey. Blend together. Once everything is mixed add in your frozen blueberries and strawberries. If your smoothie is too thick, add a little more milk and some water (or just milk or just water). And that's it. If you'd like to make it a green smoothie, simply add some spinach and broccoli and you've got your own homemade "super food" smoothie.

FIN!
Oh, I didn't take these photos...I stole them from google, whoopsie daisy!
Only 2 more weeks until I start school! Woo Hoo! Oh and I applied for a cheer advisor position so wish me luck on that too :)
10 comments:
Look out Martha Stewart! I can't wait to try these recipes. Thanks! Good luck with school (I can't wait until you start getting your discount on products btw!!) and I hope you get that cheer job because even I hate your current job! No cell phones or texting? What the heck?
p.s. notice my name says bree now instead of breeand&:lance. I FINALLY figured out how to change that little detail after a year of blogging! I seriously had a year long blonde brain fart over that one.
Way to go on the olive oil idea! I was totally going to try the recipe but use canola oil instead because I hate using gross shortening. Good to know that it still tastes and comes out great!
I was totally going to ask if you took those pics. I was like, Aly you amazing photog you!
Yeah so I may be quitting my job tomorrow...but uh yeah I'm glad you figured out how to change your name! I accidentally came upon it :) So I guess I'm just smarter than you.
Yeah they taste super yummy with olive oil. I never tried making it with shortening because it just sounded disgusting. Haha yeah I definitely did not take those pictures. Our camera actually broke :( Sad day.
Yummm both of those recipes look good! I will have to try them. Good luck with school and the job!!
Nice to see you are learning some amazing food ideas. I am learning to blog. Kuddos for both of us., I am so happy and proud of you for starting a whole new learning experience and I can't wait for you to use all of your new skills on me. Hurray., Love you.
Al! The trip was very fun! I can't wait to go back! Right now, I am doing the pre-reqs for the Nursing program and the University of Texas. I think I'm going to apply in September, but it's not for sure yet.
Chels
Hey Aly! Just saw your blog, thought I would write you a little <3 note! I read your last post about going to Paul Mitchell. You are going to LOVE it, it is so much fun!! Are you going to day or night school? Provo is the best PM school ever! I work at the Sherman Oaks PM part time and in the salon part time. You have to come see the school when you are in town. Its so fun to see the different locations when you are in different cities. (cause there is so many of them!)Good Luck and let me know if you ever need help or ever have questions during school!
Chelsea Oborn-Bulkley
ALY, ALY, ALY - I'M SOOOOO EXCITED YOU APPLIED FOR THAT CHEER ADVISOR POSITION!!!!! I KNOW I'M INTERNET YELLING BUT I CAN'T HELP IT!!!! YOU GO GIRL - I'M JUST SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!! XOXOXO
Megan :)
Yay so happy for you! Yes I did finish my hours at the Provo school about 2 years ago and now I am working for Paul Mitchell and I LOVE it! You will too! I think everyone has that fear of not being good, but if you just dedicate yourself and practice a lot you will do awesome...GET INVOLVED! That alone will help you so much! So I am thinking you are starting the night program? If so I guess you would be starting tonight! Good Luck Aly and seriously if you have any ?'s or need help just call me! When you are in town I will for sure take you to the Sherman Oaks school! Let me know how your first day goes and what you think!!
Aly, you know me and mexican food. I am excited to make these or better yet, have you make them for me when I am in Utah in about 11 days. I am soooo excited to see you and Con and spend some time with you. Make sure you get this recipe in Grammas cook book she is putting together. Also, Cafe Rio here we come. Sorry Bree.
XOXOX
Mom
Post a Comment